I am a fifth-year PhD student at UConn Linguistics. My core research interest lies in natural language semantics and its neighboring fields, i.e. syntax-semantics, semantics-pragmatics and philosophy of language. I am also active in UConn Meaning Group and UConn Logic Group.
CV (April, 2022)
Recent and Upcoming
- June 8-10, 2022: I will present a poster “Past-as-Past in counterfactual desire reports: a view from Japanese” (with Stefan Kaufmann) at SALT 32 @ COLMEX/UNAM
- September 4, 2021: I gave a talk “On the origin of ‘counterfactuality’ in counterfactual conditionals” at Semantics Workshop at Tokai and Kansai.
- June 17, 2021: I gave a talk “The lack of commitment in a sub-class of inferential evidentials and counterfactual reasoning” at Zyookenditionals: Conditionals in Japanese, English, and beyond.
- May 7-9, 2021: I presented a poster “Q-particles in embedded declaratives, mood, and clausal complementation” at SALT 31 @ Brown.
- May 6-8, 2021: I presented a poster “Argument ellipsis, topicality, and a theory of null anaphora” at CLS 57.
- May 1, 2021: I organized this year’s SNEWS (Southern New England Workshop in Semantics)! Check out the website.
- March 19-21, 2021: I gave a talk “Argument ellipsis and topicalization: a view from their interaction with wh-dependencies” at PLC 45.
- December 17-18, 2020: I gave a lightening talk “On the Q-particles in embedded declaratives and the clausal complementation in Japanese” at Brussels Conference on Generative Linguistics (BCGL 13).
- August 6-9, 2019: Muyi Yang and I gave a talk “On the discourse dynamics of Exceptional what-Questions” at Glow in Asia 12 / SICOGG 22 @ Dongguk University, Korea.
- May 16-18, 2019: I gave a talk “The structure of might-counterfactuals: a view from Japanese” at CLS 55.
- April 6-7, 2019: I gave a talk “The structure of might-counterfactuals: a view from Japanese” at this year’s UConn Logic Group Workshop. The handout can be found in the website.
- October 5-7, 2018: I presented a poster “Toward a unified analysis of Japanese evidential youda: a Causal Bayesian approach” (with Muyi Yang) at NELS 49.
- July 27, 2018: I gave a talk “Toward a unified analysis of Japanese evidential youda: a Causal Bayesian approach” (with Muyi Yang) at Semantics Research Group in Tokyo.
- July 2, 2018: I gave a talk on “Past-as-Past in Japanese counterfactuals” (with Stefan Kaufmann) @ Ritsumeikan, Kyoto.
- June 28, 2018: Muyi Yang and I presented our work on Japanese accent shift at 記述研 (Kijutsu-ken) @ Kyoto University.
- April 26-28, 2018: I gave a talk “Past-as-Past in Japanese counterfactuals” (with Stefan Kaufmann) at CLS 54. The slides are here.